Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Storage Bins and Plastic Drawers

Tim and I are eagerly awaiting tomorrow because my parents are arriving with our new bedroom furniture. I'm probably more excited than Tim, as I'm tired of using storage bins and plastic drawers under the bed for my clothes.

Well, the furniture being given to us is not brand new; actually I think it was made before we were born but it will be new to us. My aunt and uncle, who gave us all the patio furniture and piano earlier this year, are moving to Florida next month and no longer need their bedroom suite.

Once again, my aunt and uncle are demonstrating their extreme generosity and we are very grateful!

My parents are loading as many pieces of furniture as they can fit into their van and bringing it down with them tomorrow when they come for my birthday. (Yes, that's a subtle hint … my birthday is in a few days.) If they can’t fit the entire suite this trip then they’ll bring the remaining pieces on the next visit.

I think my parents should go into the moving business. Don't you?

Here’s why. They have transported furniture for my brother and I on more than one occasion, as far west as Colorado and as far south as Florida. Plus, they recently purchased a horse trailer, which is perfect for larger loads and more expensive items, like pianos.

Tim and I have tossed around the idea of painting the furniture (see pictures below) an antique white to match our new comforter. Any opinions? At the very least, we will change out the hardware.







3 comments:

Ritchie & Stephanie said...

The color of the wood is so beautiful I would hate to ruin it by painting it. I think like you said, changing the hardware on it will make a huge difference. And just think, the furniture made back then is probably made much better than the furniture you buy these days. LOVE IT!

ebers79 said...

yea, i don't know... the stain is beautiful. but hey, if you paint it and hate it... you can always have it stripped and restain it...

Brie said...

I'm all for painting it white and distressing it so that some of the stain shows through. I think it'd go better with the style of your comforter...especially if you painted the walls in your room blue.

It's a beautiful furniture set...how awesome that you got it for free!