
Over the New Year’s holiday, my mom and I painted the living room, which was a much-needed change. Then about a month ago, the project picked up speed. Tim purchased the needed tools (nail guns, air compressor, sawhorses, etc.) and building materials to work on constructing the wainscoting in the dining room.
Here is a diagram of the wainscoting. Ours will have slight modifications for the living room walls but will be very similar to this on the dining room walls.

This past weekend Tim and I began painting. We put two coats of primer on the dining room walls and two coats of white paint. Tim has begun cutting the boards to make the wainscoting and I am priming and painting them.
This is what the living room side looks like so far:

I have to brag on my husband for a minute...he continues to amaze me. Some men wouldn't touch a project like this with a ten foot pole. Even though Tim hasn't done much finish work, he has had no problem figuring it out.

1 comment:
YEAH!!! That's great that you guys made progress!
Post a Comment