Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Emerald Falls... watch out Ruby

A few weeks ago I was driving up the mountain and noticed that Rock City's waterfall was dyed GREEN. It was a couple days before St. Patrick's Day so I figured it was dyed for the holiday, kinda like the Chicago River. Well, the Irish holiday has come and gone but the waterfall remained green.

Then I thought to myself that green is a spring color and Easter is right around the corner so maybe the Rock City folks are keeping it green for Easter. Well, Easter was last weekend and we've all finished our Easter candy by now.

So... does anyone know why Rock City's waterfall is STILL green?!? I'm just waiting for their signs to change from "See Rock City" to "See Emerald Falls." Do you think Ruby will mind the competition?

3 comments:

Briana said...

could it be a light? Wasn't it red/green over christmas?

T and B Rowe said...

I think it was shut off over the Christmas holiday because it was too cold. It doesn't appear to be a light.

Stephen & Carol said...

It was a Leprechaun that turned the water green. Apparently it was so that you and Tim (locals) would want to come and visit. See link: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/10/video-green-waterfall/?multimedialocalvideo