Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Signed Up and Ready To Learn

It's official... I am a piano student. I haven't formally started yet but my first lesson is right after the holidays. My teacher is a recent Covenant grad who majored in music and lives nearby. She was kind enough to agree to make my lessons every other week. (Thank you to everyone who gave me advice!!!)

I'm excited and truthfully a little nervous. I've never had private music lessons before so I have no idea what to expect.

I must tell you that growing up people commented about my long fingers and asked if I played the piano. (Kinda like how people asked Tim if he played basketball just because he's tall.) I guess we'll find out soon enough if I have "piano fingers." If not then at least they make good paddles for swimming.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Fun! I never played piano, just violin, but from what I hear, practice makes perfect no matter what you play. :)

Molly said...

Very exciting! I'm sure you'll be a concert pianist in no time! :)