I saw this recipe on Rachael Ray's cooking show a while back. Last night I made her soup, and I'm here to say, it impressed our taste buds.
The recipe is as follows:
Maple Cream Sweet Potato Soup
1/2 cup dark maple syrup
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cinnamon stick
3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 medium onion, halved
4 ribs celery, halved
1 bay leaf
Salt
Water
3 to 4 cups chicken stock, divided
1 cup apple cider
A few grates fresh nutmeg
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, removed from stems
A few pinches cayenne pepper
Ground black pepper
STIR: the maple syrup, heavy whipping cream, and cinnamon stick in a small pot over medium heat. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low.
PLACE: sweet potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, bay leaf, and a few cups of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium heat.
COOK: until vegetables are tender.
DRAIN: the soup and discard onion, celery, and bay leaf. In food processor, blend sweet potatoes and carrots with a cup or two of chicken stock.
RETURN: pureed sweet potatoes and carrots to large pot and set to medium heat.
ADD: remaining chicken stock, cider, nutmeg, thyme leaves, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
STIR: in the maple syrup and cream.
***I made two minor modifications to her recipe. I added 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and did not add the cayenne pepper.

1 comment:
The soup was awesome Bethany, you did a great job! I'm thinking about making it over Christmas for my family.
Post a Comment