Monday, September 29, 2008

Highlights from Estes Park, Part 3

Since Tim and his family spent a number of years living in Cheyenne, WY, we took a day trip to the area and had a walk down memory lane driving by Tim's childhood home, elementary school and the church his father pastored.

On our way out of Cheyenne, we stopped Sierra Trading Post outlet store. When we drove into their parking lot, I saw this sign, “Look it's Duchess!!!”

And here she is again on the wall in their shoe department. I imagine the owners of Sierra Trading Post must be huge fans of German Shorthaired Pointers.


One of the main reasons for our day trip to Wyoming was not only to see where Tim grew up but also spend the afternoon at Vedauwoo.

The park is outside of Cheyenne and miles before you reach the Rockies Mountains. As you can see Vedauwoo is a pile of rocks out in the middle of nowhere.




Tim and I spent time climbing on the rocks and made it all the way to the top of the piles. I was proud of my mom as she made it more than halfway.



The view from the top was breathtaking and we watched a nearby storm move across the plains.

1 comment:

Briana said...

yo, those panaramic pics are amazing....so beautiful!