If you have a high efficiency washer then you may have also noticed a slight odor when your washer sits unused for a while. I found these Affresh cleaning tablets alongside the laundry detergent at my grocery store a few days ago. Since I had a stinky washer on my hands this weekend, I used 3 tablets as recommended; the package also recommends using one every month to keep the washer clean and prevent odor. I noticed a difference and the next time my washers smells, I will use them again.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Affresh for HE Washers
If you have a high efficiency washer then you may have also noticed a slight odor when your washer sits unused for a while. I found these Affresh cleaning tablets alongside the laundry detergent at my grocery store a few days ago. Since I had a stinky washer on my hands this weekend, I used 3 tablets as recommended; the package also recommends using one every month to keep the washer clean and prevent odor. I noticed a difference and the next time my washers smells, I will use them again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So, did it completely take away the smell? We've had this problem off and on for a while now. (When I do a lot of laundry I put baking soda in and it helps as long as I've got loads continuously going. But as soon as it sits for a few days the smell comes back.) How much were those?
I have been wondering about those! Did it take away the actual mildew stains in the rubber seal of the washer door? We leave ours sitting open most of the time so it doesn't smell too bad, and once in a while I bleach that part of the door. But what a pain. I'll be glad if those tablets work well.
Post a Comment