Monday, May 5, 2008

Trip to St. Louis

This past weekend Tim and I went to St. Louis to visit our friends, Chad and Annaliese. We rolled into town just in time for the Cardinals vs. Cubs game, the main event of our trip. It was a chilly day but that didn't stop us from enjoying the game. Well, some enjoyed it more than others as the Cubs ate the Cardinals for lunch - sorry, Chad.

Bethany and Annaliese


Chad and Annaliese sporting their Cardinals gear.


Tim and Bethany supporting the Cubs.


There is a short story behind this bucket of cotton candy. The previous baseball game we attended did not sell cotton candy. And let's just say I was disappointed and pitched a small fit about it. So when I saw a vendor with tubs of cotton candy at the game this weekend, I had to buy one regardless of how overpriced it was. Yes, $6 is a lot to spend on pink and blue, whipped sugar but it was delicious. Here I am with my bucket of Tubby's cotton candy.


After the game, Chad became our tour guide and took us all over St. Louis. We stopped at the Arch, Covenant Theological Seminary, Ted Drewes and drove by many other St. Louis landmarks and tourist attactions.

2 comments:

Rich Smith Photography said...

Yay Bethany! Looks like a fun trip, and you are so cute with your cotton candy :) And, great picture of the arch! Awesome!

Brooke said...

YUM...I love cotton candy! I have a funny picture of me buying cotton candy out of the back of a communist-era car in Hungary once. I love it that much :) -Brooke