Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Laundry

Bleach . . . do you use it? If so, how often do you bleach your clothes?

With whites only?

Do you trust the new bleach for colors?

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

2 comments:

Heather of Troy said...

Bleach scares me. We have an IKEA stuffed chair with a white removable slipcover and I need to wash it. I decided to buy some bleach for the task and I stood in the Wal-Mart aisle for about 5-7 minutes debating. Is there any such thing as "non-chlorine" bleach? I don't know. There's the regular old Clorox and then all the color safe versions. Well, I don't need color safe for whites. So then I check out the scary looking clorox. They have all kinds of scents: rain, lavender, lemon. So that means I won't have that bleach smell? Great! But I'm still afraid of using it and have stripped the chair to try it. I know I'll get bleach on SOMETHING besides the slipcover. I'm such a stinkin' perfectionist.

Heidi said...

I use color safe bleach on just about everything, I love it. I use it for the towels, Avery's clothes especially, and I use it on ours too. As far as regular bleach...it terrifies me! But, when I have used it I make sure I only have plain whites in there, and you don't have to use too much bleach. (I just use the regular old clorox bleach.) And after I'm done with that load of clothes/towels/etc. I let the washer run again with those clothes or even without anything in it just to make sure the bleach isn't 'hanging around.' Good Luck!! :)