Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Purple Daisy

After living in the south now for nearly ten years, I have become used to southern food, well, for the most part. Occasionally I still come across unusual southern traditions.

Today's lunch with a friend at the Purple Daisy was no exception. I'd been there one other time and it was then that a friend introduced me to this sandwich. It's called a Rainbow sandwich and is made of layers of cucumber salad/pimento cheese/chicken salad on both white and wheat bread. I know it doesn't sound good and probably something that your grandma would serve with cottage cheese but i like it.


The Rainbow sandwich with chips and a pickle. Yummy!!!


Julie had a baked potato covered with chicken and veggies, not quite as unusual.

2 comments:

Heather of Troy said...

I tagged you! Come see:

http://tinyurl.com/4z9728

Joy said...

i love the rainbow sandwhich!