Friday, April 25, 2008

Arbor Day 2008

Happy Arbor Day! Didn't know it was Arbor Day, did ya? :) Guess it gets overshadowed by Earth Day. Who decided to have such similar holidays so close together? Which leads to another question . . . who decides what becomes a holiday? The government? If not then some board somewhere?

Enough questions.

Today, for some reason (guess because "Arbor" and "Arboretum" are so similar), reminds me of the Morton Arboretum in Chicago that my parents would take my brother and me to when we were growing up. I remember fields and fields of daffodils, like a yellow blanket across the ground. Beautiful.

Enough said.

I'm off to plant flowers because it's Arbor Day and I didn't get them planted on Earth Day. Well, not exactly. I don't care much what day it is. They will die if I don't plant them and it's on my to-do list so today is as good as any.

No comments: