
When I cry in order to feel better, clean the house before we leave for vacation or do something that has no rational explanation, Tim often looks at me with a puzzled expression. It is on those occasions I remind him that the Bible does not say you are to understand your wife but to live with her in an understanding way. (I Peter 3)
(A little insight to all men out there, sometimes we don’t understand ourselves either.)
***
Here are a few words that both men and women use but mean totally different things. I hope this helps you understand your spouse or significant other a little better…
Words women use and what they mean:
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument. It is best that you don’t say anything else.
(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means 15 minutes or in my case a half an hour. But, five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes.
(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Whatever you do, don’t do whatever it is she said to go ahead and do!
(5) Whatever: This is one way women curse.
(6) Don't worry about it, I got it: This is another dangerous statement. This is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself.
The same words men use and what they mean:
(1) Fine: literally means that’s fine. If he responds with “fine” after asking him about his day then he is not interested in talking about it.
(2) Five Minutes: It strongly depends on what he is doing. It can mean anywhere from 5 to 20 Minutes. If playing video games then five minutes means whenever he comes to a good stopping point. If he is trying to leave then it means exactly five minutes.
(3) Nothing: Most likely, nothing.
(4) Go Ahead: Means permission granted and you are free to proceed.
(5) Whatever: This is how men say that they don’t care and have no preference.
(6) Don’t worry about it, I got it: This means he’ll take care of it and does not want or require any of your assistance.

4 comments:
bravo, that is pretty much spot on in our house.
Ummm, you know WAY too much about my marriage! :)
Same words, different meanings.
BUT they mean slightly different things to different men and women, don't you think?
And I agree with you about cleaning the house before a vacation. It's depressing enough to come home from vacation...but to come home to dirty dishes, an unmade bed, and clutter everywhere? Worse and worse...
I'm glad I'm not the only one that cleans before vacation while her husband asks why she's doing so
Post a Comment