Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull


Tim and I were both disappointed with this film. Harrison Ford hasn't changed and can still pull off Indiana Jones, very impressive for a man who is now in his 60s. Both the acting and the plot were excellent but the film became a letdown when they mixed Indiana Jones with aliens. Yes, aliens. These characters were not introduced until the end of the film but this whole other dimension ruins the classic Indiana Jones feel. It was Stephen Spielberg's idea and we like most of his films but his alien/other dimension idea just didn't work with this piece.

4 comments:

Luca said...

This is one I saw with "the guys". The first hour was ok; brought back a lot of 80's memories. However, the last hour was unbelievable. I remember sitting in the theater, which is rare for either of us these days, laughing in disbelief.

One we recently saw... kind of quirky, Nottinghill-esque, was "Run, Fat Boy, Run". I'm not kidding.

Laura said...

I completely agree! David and I were so disappointed. The aliens do not fit with Indiana Jones.

Molly said...

We didn't like it either. Nick tried to convince me that all of the others were "supernatural" - Ark of the Covenant spewing spirits in the first, voodoo rock magic in the second, and Holy Grail living forever in the third. But this fourth one had a whole different feel and it was not Indiana Jonesish. :(

Stephen Hinkle said...

agreed. wasn't impressed with the aliens.