Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Flank Steak

Tim and I occasionally have flank steak for dinner. The recipe I use is quite simple and if made correctly, it tastes amazing. And here's a little secret, I'm not even steak fan but I love this recipe.

A flank steak can be purchased at the local grocery store in the meat department or at the butcher counter. They run about $8-$10 and will serve four people or for us, two meals. In case you are curious, the flank is the cow's abs/belly muscles.

Marinade the flank steak in 1 cup soy sauce, 1 cup Italian dressing and 1 tablespoon minced garlic. The steak will taste best if marinated overnight; however, if that's not possible then for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours.


I don’t use an exact science when grilling the steak but I set our grill to a medium setting and cook the meat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. (With the lid down, of course.)


The goal of the flank steak is to cook both sides but leave the middle still "mooing." It can be cooked more or less depending on preference.


Someone else in our house really likes this flank steak recipe! :)

No comments: