Friday, June 20, 2008

Best Banana Pudding Ever


Since moving to the South ten years ago, I've tried different recipes of the traditional Southern dessert, Banana Pudding. The recipe below is the best Tim and I have ever eaten. Our preference is easy on the bananas and with vanilla pudding rather than banana.

Banana Pudding

2 boxes vanilla wafers
2 boxes (4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 extra large container of cool whip
8 medium ripe bananas

CRUSH: the vanilla wafers and place in a 9x13 pan.
MIX: the pudding in separate bowl using the directions on the box.
STIR: in the condensed milk into the pudding.
POUR: the pudding mixture over the crushed wafers.
SLICE: the bananas and add to the top of the pudding.
COVER: with cool whip and enjoy!

TIPS . . . to keep bananas from turning brown, dip them in lemon juice. Also, make sure the cool whip has sat in the frig for at least 6 hours before using so it thaws thoroughly.

DISCLAIMER: the picture above is NOT what this pudding recipe will look like.

If you make this recipe and enjoy it then let me know! :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

That sounds yummy. I haven't made mine that way before, just might have to try it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe, bethany! It sounds awesome! I just got caught up on your blog...you are a faithful little blogger, and I've been a delinquent reader lately!!!

Laurie said...

Yum! I love banana pudding:-) My recipe is very similar, and I must agree that makes an awesome batch o' pudding!! Mine calls for cream cheese in addition to the other ingredients. If you ever want to change it up a bit, try using pepridge farm chessman cookies instead of the nilla wafers. In an unofficial study comprised of Ritzema/Elwood family members, chessman cookies were the "preferred banana pudding cookie" over nilla wafers. Oh, btw, I've enjoyed your blog, I read it frequently and just haven't commented before:-)