Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Up by a Penny

So, the cost of stamps went up by a penny yesterday. Did you notice? The only reason I noticed is because our mail machine at work changed. In an electronic and technological age is there really a good reason to mail personal letters? The only time I use stamps nowadays is to send birthday and thank you cards and eventually I’ll quit mailing cards if the stamp costs nearly as much as the card itself. As stamp prices continue to rise, I wonder if card companies are seeing a drop in their sales. Guess now is not a good time to pursue a career with Hallmark or American Greetings.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You know, its crazy, growing up I'm pretty sure stamps were always .32. And since I graduated from high school it seems like stamps have gone up every year or so. It's ridiculous, along with gas at $3.70 and milk for $5!