Sunday, April 20, 2008

Searching all afternoon long...

Tim and I drove all over town today in search of a 14mm allen wrench. We stopped at six different stores in two different states looking for this wrench. Do you know what an allen wrench is? I didn't before today. (If you don't, see picture below.) Do you know how many sizes they come in? I didn't before today. Apparently O'Reilly Auto Parts, Lowe's and Home Depot only carry up to a 10mm and Sears carries 12mm and 17mm but no one carries a 14mm.

So we spent nearly 4 hours of our Sunday afternoon and who knows how much in gas (which ain't cheap these days!) to not have any luck finding the wrench we needed. Oh well. Does this ever happen to anyone else? You spend so much time in search of something but never find it??? On the bright side, at least Tim and I were able to spend a lot of time together.

So how did it end? Well, we never did find the right wrench but thankfully Tim is clever and creative. He was able to figure out a way to remove the bolt without using a 14mm wrench. Way to go, Tim!!!

I do have one request, if you ever see a 14mm wrench, will you please buy it for us and we'll pay you back - Thanks!


No comments: