
This is a wonderful and easy-to-make bread recipe from my friend, Olivia. I haven't made it myself but had some at her house this week. It was delicious and her two kids gobbled it up too.
Low-fat Yeast Batter Bread
1 envelope dry yeast
2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c warm water
3 c flour (I use half all-purpose and half whole-wheat)
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp veg. oil
Dissolve yeast in water in large mixer bowl. Add sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add salt and 2 1/2 c flour; mix well. Add oil and remaining 1/2 c flour. Beat for 10 minutes. (I used my KitchenAid with the dough hook) Let rise until doubled in bulk. (30min. to an hour) Punch dough down. Beat for 10 minutes. Place in greased 5x9-inch loaf pan. Let rise until doubled in bulk. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings

No comments:
Post a Comment