As far as I know I'm not Irish but my ancestors were English and German. Tim may have some Irish in him. Some would argue that we are all European mutts anyway and it doesn't seem to matter much anymore. Like most people living in the U.S. of European descent, we consider ourselves Americans.
Irish or not, Suzanne and Joe used St. Patrick's Day as an excuse to host a mini party at their house last night, which also included Alex and Rebekah who are friends of ours from church. Tim and I arrived just in time for dessert, which Suzanne had made angel food cupcakes covered in green icing. They looked like little leprechaun hats.
I think the highlight of the night was a present Suzanne gave to Joe... a St. Patrick's Day light-up shot glass from Target. Many funny comments were made about the poor, innocent shot glass. "If you have to follow the light to get to your shot glass then you've had one too many." "It's like a light at the end of the tunnel."

No comments:
Post a Comment