The first real job I had following college was with a publishing company, GCP. I was not hired to do copy editing but found myself being asked to edit materials from time to time. Over the year or two I worked there, my copy editing eye developed and now I can't help but edit things while I read them.
Last night while I was preparing dinner, I found a mistake on the box of instant rice. . .

(Did you find it?)
5 comments:
It took me a minute, but then I found it! They needed you at Uncle Ben's before they packaged the rice!
Of of course I did. :-)
I had to read it twice, but I found it!
Ok, that took me a few times to see it...I'm slow these days! :)
It took me the second read through, but I got it. AKA the reason I don't read my papers before I turn them in (because I know I won't do it twice) (and because spell/grammar check would have caught that, had they bothered)!
oh, and I updated, last week maybe, just the once since you said I needed to, but still
~Nikki
Post a Comment