
Have you ever wondered why it is you have never been asked to participate in a public opinion poll? I have. We hear polls on the news all the time, especially in this election year and when I hear one stated, I can't help but wondered how accurate they are and why I've never been polled.
Well, in tonight's class we learned about surveys and polls. Come to find out that those who conduct Gallup polls only ask about 1,200 people. Shocked? I certainly was.
There are over 301 million people in the U.S. The chances of me being randomly chosen are so small that it's no wonder I've not gotten a phone call from Gallup.
I won't bore you with the statistical accuracy of polling so few people and the details of how polls work but if you're curious to know more then click HERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment