With gift card in hand, I went to Barnes & Noble this past weekend determined to find a cookbook. It's not that I don't own any cookbooks, actually have a shelf full of them but somehow I have managed to collect only specialty cookbooks: dessert, grilling, pasta, etc. Embarrassingly, I don’t own a single basic cookbook. Maybe it was the pink breast cancer ribbon or the free one year magazine subscription that drew me to it but I decided to buy THIS basic cookbook. Time will tell if I made the correct choice but after flipping through it a few times I feel happy with my decision.
I'm not sure how I have managed to put dinner on the table for us over the last five years without such a cookbook. I must give credit to the help of Stouffers and their frozen dinners available at grocery stores nationwide. But the time has come to embark on the art of cooking and learn to whip up my own creations.

No comments:
Post a Comment