It was shortly after 1 AM and I was about to go to bed. I reached to turn the light off in the living room when there on the floor was a big spider. Its size and shape familiar to me . . .
A while back Tim and I had come home late one evening to find a fairly large spider on our kitchen floor. When we killed it, something unusual happened, something I had never experienced before.
The spider tonight looked identical so I knew what was about to happen. Unfortunately I was on my own with this one because Tim had gone to bed about an hour before. There was no time to wake him; I had to act quickly.
The spider was near our bookcase so I grabbed a book off the shelf.
SMACK!
Then I darted to the kitchen, grabbed the can of Raid from under the sink, ran back to the living room and lifted the book off the spider.
IT WAS WAR!
I sprayed as much of that Raid as fast as I possibly could.
See, that spider that Tim and I killed however many months ago was a mama spider and when we killed her we discovered that she was carrying babies on her back. Though the first whack of the shoe killed her, it did not get all of her babies.
Tonight's spider was also a mama and she was carrying 80+ babies!!! Yes, you read that right. Over 80!!! I know because I counted each one as I wiped them off the floor.
Here are a couple pictures of the aftermath. (You can see the mama spider soaked in Raid and about 20 babies; the rest of them went under the bookcase.)
And I'd like to give special thanks to Raid and The Holiness of God for participating in tonight's event and coming to my rescue.

4 comments:
Oh thats horrible!!
i;m sitting up feeding Maddy & that totally creeped me out!!
I'm feeling very grossed out right now but also very impressed that you had the presence of mind to get them. *shiver*
That is awful!!! Snaps to you for being so brave! GROSS!
haha, you should write R.C. Sproul and tell him just how much his book has impacted your life, as well as impacting that spider.
Post a Comment