Friday, June 6, 2008

Williamsburg . . . Ever Been?


If you have ever been to colonial Williamsburg and/or historic Jamestown, please let me know. Tim and I are considering a trip to that part of Virginia and could use any and all advice and recommendations you may have about Williamsburg.

3 comments:

Heather of Troy said...

My family went when I was 12. I was very excited about it, but it turned out to be about 100 degrees, which takes the fun out of most outdoor adventures. Also, everyone was supposed to be in character and at the Williamsburg Wig Shop the lady started talking about electric rollers and how they didn't have them back then. I thought that was ridiculously inauthentic!

At Jamestown we went on a tour with this cute little man in full costume. But all I really remember is a bird pooped on my shirt.

EmilyV said...

No advice, but sounds like fun! I taught American history for 4 years and will be teaching it again next year, so I'd love to go one day.

Ryan said...

That's hilarious that a bird pooped on Heather when she went (sorry, Heather) because when I went in 6th grade a girl in our group got pooped on by a bird too! So I guess one tip is to watch out for the birds while you're there. : )
Oh, but I do remember having a really good time, so I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.