Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"Someone Hit Our Building!" . . .

So I was hard at work when a coworker of mine yells, "someone hit our building!" A handful of us went to a window to check out the scene of the accident but the angle wasn't right so we ran outside.

There was a white BMW 5 series smashed into our building. The driver, an elderly woman (bless her heart!) had probably put the car in reverse thinking it was in drive and stomped on the gas. She ran over a pole and into our building but thankfully she did not go through it.

The man whose office is located right at the point where she hit had gone to the bathroom at the time of the accident. He probably would have been injured had he been sitting at his desk. Thankfully he and the elderly woman were not hurt.

I wish I had a picture of the damage to our building, which I'm assuming is made of concrete, right? It surprised me to see how much damage was done by a car that only went the distance of the width of the sidewalk.

For those of you beemer-lovers concerned more about the car than my office building, yes, the back end of the car was smashed and will be going to the body shop but was not totaled.

Okay, back to work.

No comments: