I just booked our plane tickets for our trip to Estes Park with my family in September.
Now, does anyone know some must-see or must-do things in and around the park???
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Oh my gosh! I stayed at the YMCA camp there with our youth group. We went snow sliding and hiking. Snow sliding (stepping in a garbage bag and sliding down the snow covered mountain)was literally one of the most fun things I have ever done!
I'm from CO originally and we just had our wedding out near Estes Park this past October. Eat at the Mexican restaurant along the waterfront in "downtown" and also Poppy's that is in that same area. There are also tons of cute little shops all along there.
You must go hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park (you're a little early for elk mating season, but you should still be able to see some). You might even be able to access a trail head or two from the YMCA grounds and avoid paying the weekly park fee. Mainly just enjoy the great outdoors that CO has to offer! Hope you guys have a great trip!
P.S. The YMCA has a wonderful swimming facility too.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I stayed at the YMCA camp there with our youth group. We went snow sliding and hiking. Snow sliding (stepping in a garbage bag and sliding down the snow covered mountain)was literally one of the most fun things I have ever done!
I'm from CO originally and we just had our wedding out near Estes Park this past October. Eat at the Mexican restaurant along the waterfront in "downtown" and also Poppy's that is in that same area. There are also tons of cute little shops all along there.
You must go hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park (you're a little early for elk mating season, but you should still be able to see some). You might even be able to access a trail head or two from the YMCA grounds and avoid paying the weekly park fee. Mainly just enjoy the great outdoors that CO has to offer! Hope you guys have a great trip!
P.S. The YMCA has a wonderful swimming facility too.
Post a Comment