It was a childhood tradition of mine to go out for ice cream with my mom on my last day of school before starting summer break. In my hometown, there was a drug store called Saywell's that had the world's best brown cows (aka root beer floats). Sadly, Saywell's went out business 3 years ago but my memories of the cheap candy and frothy floats remain forever.This year, the tradition was resurrected in a new version. Tim was thoughtful and picked up ice cream on his way home from work on Monday so that it would be waiting for me when I arrived home after my final exam. Yummy! Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip, my favorite! Then after work yesterday, my friend, Ryan, and I went out for Clumpies ice cream. She had a cup of fruit sorbet and I had a dish of white chocolate raspberry chip.
Neither felt like the tradition of sitting on the bar stools at Saywell's drinking a root beer float with my mom but sometimes traditions have to be amended as we grow older.

Saywell's, I will never forget you!

1 comment:
It might be best to mention that your friend Ryan (me) is a girl (at what point do you feel like a woman/lady instead of a girl?). That way no one will think you were out on a date w/ some guy other than your husband. : )
Post a Comment