These thoughts resurfaced last year when Tim and I went to our first rodeo together. He grew up going to rodeos but being a city-girl from the Midwest, I did not. Wow, talk about fun entertainment (after you get accustomed to the animal smell and men in tight Wranglers).
For Valentine's Day, I got Tim tickets to a rodeo that was coming through Chattaboogie this upcoming weekend. My sister-in-law, Suzanne, also got her husband tickets so the five of us were all going together. We had it all planned out from our cowboy hats to our cowboy boots.
Well, about a month ago, I received notification that the organizers had to cancel the rodeo . . . something about not being able to get the animals to ChattaVegas in time. We are all devastated. Tim and I bought new cowboy hats over the Christmas holiday and this was going to be the first occasion to wear them. If you are wondering if they match, the answer is yes. :) Since we won't be going to the rodeo this weekend, I guess the next best thing is dinner at Longhorn and dancing at the Electric Cowboy.

7 comments:
You NEED to post a picture of your hats!
yeah, i agree. i'll work on that.
Hey, it's Brandi from Covenant. I got your blog from Sarah's. How are you?? Our blog is:
www.damonandbrandianderson.blogspot.com
Heidi, I added the picture just for you. :)
Yes! We just added ya'll! I'm so glad we can stay in touch.
i'm not sure if i'm proud of you or laughing at you or disappointed...i'm currently in "amused by you" land.
Post a Comment