I did some research on the internet to gather ideas, as well as general instructions on how to build the cake. Unfortunately, the kind of diapers my friend requested do not come in plain white, which meant I needed to improvise and cover the cake in tissue paper.
This website was helpful and this particular cake (see below) gave me a pattern/idea to follow:

This is the cake I made:

I used the following supplies:
1 16" pizza pan for the tray
1 pkg of Huggies Newborn diapers
1 pkg of Huggies Step 1 diapers
1 empty paper towel roll for structural support
2 pkgs of small rubber bands
1 roll of wide pink ribbon
2 rolls of polka dot pink ribbon
1 roll of small pink ribbon
3 rolls of "it's a girl" pink ribbon
1 pkg of round velcro
2 pkgs of white tissue paper
1 pkg of pink and white striped tissue paper
4 pkgs curly pink ribbon
1 pkg of travel-size Johnson baby products
1 Butt Paste tube
1 pkg of pacifiers
Scotch tape
Scissors

2 comments:
It turned out sooo cute & I love it! I can't bear to do anything with it but leave it on my table for a while.:)
That diaper cake is amazing! Great job! Those are always so cute :) (Brooke)
Post a Comment